Paint is your best improvement investment for getting a greater return on your money
- Paint makes the whole property smell clean and neat.
- If your house has chips, exposed wood or looks faded, it is time to paint.
- If your carpet is worn, dirty, outdated or an unusual colour, you may need to seriously consider replacing it.
- Many houses do not sell because of this problem.
- Don’t think that buyers have more money than you have to replace it.
- They don’t…they simply buy elsewhere!!
Think of prospective buyers as your guests and prepare your home’s interior accordingly. Keep these points in mind…
*clean up clutter
*make bathrooms sparkle
*clear out closets
*clean the fireplace
*roll out the welcome mat
*add special accents to make your house appear comfortable and inviting. Think of prospective buyers as your guests and prepare your home’s interior accordingly.
Clean Facts – Most people are turned off by even the smallest amount of dirt or odour when buying a resale home!
- Sellers lose thousands of dollars when they sell because they do not adequately CLEAN! The perception in the buyer’s mind…lots and lots of work which translates into money!
- If your house is squeaky clean, you will be able to sell your house faster and net hundreds, or thousands, of dollars more. If you are planning on moving, why not get rid of that old junk now, so that your house will appear larger? Make more space. Odours must be eliminated, especially if you have animals, or smoke. You may not notice the smell, buy buyers do!
- Most realtors have a difficult time communicating to their sellers about odour. By employing me to get the most amount of money for my sellers, do not take offense if I must confront you about odour problems.
- Freshen your kitchen by sending a lemon through your blender or garburator. Sweeten your fridge with a box of baking soda. Add some fresh flowers to the living room. Spray the bathrooms with lavender!
- If this is too much for you to do, hire a staging company.
- A clean home is a saleable home!
Weigh in! What improvements work best for you?
[gravityform id=2 name=HomeValue Report Request]