What Were Vancouver Real Estate Prices in 2005? Hands up those who remember our city and its property market back then! Do you remember when Gordon Campbell got elected as BC’s Premier in Spring 2001 (beating out the NDP) and reduced the corporate taxes to attract companies back to the province, as well as wealthy entrepeneurs? I do! There was an instant change in Vanocuver’s real estate market and a positive difference in the quality of Vancouver real estate buyers.
Here’s what Vancouver’s west side property prices were back then – this is a live graph.
West side houses average selling price was $938,000, townhomes were $439,000 and condos were $338,000.
Ten years later Vancouver houses are now $2,760,000, townhomes are $923,000 and condos are $732,000. Houses have outperformed because of the rich Mainland Chinese immigrants, but is this coming to a close?
Vancouver house prices only climbed 1.5% last year, but townhomes went up 8% and condos a whopping 16%.
Vancouver real estate sales in January, compared to Jan’14, saw townhomes perform the best , up 50%. Condos dropped 4% and houses were down 9%.
Vancouver real estate listings in January 2015, compared to a year ago, saw house inventory down 22%, townhomes down 13% and condos down 20%.
On average sellers moved less than 3% off list price and average days on the market were 54 in January.
My Areas of Expertise:
- Second Home Real Estate Specialist (SHRES)
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist SRES®
- Buying or Selling Tenant Occupied Properties (STOP)
- Sellers Downsizing and Trading Up
- New Home Buyers
- First Time buyers
- Visit my website for more info on Vancouver’s waterfront condo neighbourhoods
Why Hire Maggie Chandler as your Vancouver Realtor?
- I am a full-time Professional and offer high calibre service on your time frame
- I offer more than 30 years of hyper-local knowledge and expertise
- I’ve marketed and sold over 1,000 Vancouver properties
- I understand the real estate in Vancouver’s waterfront neighbourhoods, its history and its evolution
- I know Vancouver Penthouses, waterfront condos, townhomes, heritage condos, lofts and luxury real estate
- Let me help you find a new luxury condo, a stylish apartment for sale or the right investment
- Author Maggie Chandler 1648 W. 6th Ave., Vancouver, BC V6J 1R3
[gravityform id=1 name=ContactUs]