Greater Vancouver Real Estate Prices Rise 9.4% from a Year Ago and the sales to active ratio was the highest it’s been since June 2007, sitting at 33%.
The total number of Greater Vancouver listings is 23% lower than a year ago and 0.8% less than April 2015 and new property listings for the region are 5% down from a year ago.
Greater Vancouver real estate sales in May were 16.7% higher than the 10-year average for the month. House sales increased 20% from a year ago, townhomes increased 35% and condos increased 25%.
The drop in inventory and increase in sales is placing upward pressure on home prices. GVRD house prices have risen 16% over the last year….are these prices sustainable? Townhomes are up 6.4% and condos are up 4.8%.
Average days on the market varied from 32 to 42.
Can My Areas of Expertise Help You?
- Second Home Real Estate Specialist (SHRES)
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist SRES®
- Buying or Selling Tenant Occupied Properties (STOP)
- Sellers Downsizing and Trading Up
- New Home Buyers
- First Time buyers
- Visit my website for more info on Vancouver’s waterfront condo neighbourhoods
Vancouver Neighbourhood Specialist Maggie Chandler
- As a full-time Real Estate Advisor you will receive excellent service on your time frame, backed by decades of hyper-local knowledge and expertise in Vancouver’s neighbourhoods – always going the extra mile for you
- Benefit from my knowledge of Vancouver penthouses, waterfront condos, townhomes, heritage condos, lofts and luxury real estate and have marketed and sold over 1,000 properties
- How can I help you find the right home or investment property?
- Author Maggie Chandler 1648 W. 6th Ave., Vancouver, BC V6J 1R3
[gravityform id=1 name=ContactUs]